"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 8 March 2010

Weekend Crochet efforts

I did spend alot of time at the allotment this weekend, so my crochet suffered a little!

This is the Queen Anne Square that I made in one colour as you can see (sorry to point out the bleedin' obvious)


And this one is called Dahlia

I had to teach myself (from the book - there's all the stitches in the back) how to work clusters!

Here is a close up of the work, however it doesn't give you the full effect of the texture created on the square.  It does look very Dahlia like though!


A cluster is 3 or 4 or even 5 treble crochets together - you have to leave one of the loops on the hook, so you could end up with 3, 4 or 5, then you yarn over hook and pull through!
I think that's right anyway!

5 comments:

  1. Wow are you sure you have only just learn't this craft.

    You are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kella, yes I have only just begun - I must be a natural!
    Thanks for the comment.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work Ali, I love the Dahlia. I am determined to get that book somehow. I looked at the date I e-mailed you the amazon link to it and it was Feb 9th, so that's how long I have been trying to get it. I think it may be in circulation again soon though as all merchants seem to say that it will be available at some point. So I will continue with Florence's throw and be patient. M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the queen anne one but the Dahlia is fabulous! I'd be tempted to make the flower bit in a really hot pink with pale green around the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen - I keep my eyes peeled for you wherever I go - I hope to find you a copy.

    Mrs Jones - Yes I like the Dahlia too, it was fun to make - took a while as it involved a lot of pattern following, but I got there in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!