"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 4 November 2011

String Bag....

...I know a string bag is a Summer thing, but I have wanted to crochet one for ages and once I saw a pattern in "First Crochet" by Lesley Stanfield I bought a cotton yarn that was close to the recommended one in the book and got going.....



....however I started to follow the pattern and I started again and again and although I was following the pattern correctly, it wasn't working out.  So I went to pattern number two sent to me by my Twitter Friend Miss Mootastic, a "vintage" pattern written in very basic terms once I got into reading it, and although the "string" part was the same as the pattern I found in the book the "bottom" part was still providing me with issues, so I had to make up my own "bottom" bit and then go back to the "string" part of the pattern.

Unlike me, very unlike me, I thought that my bag was looking a bit boring, so I rummaged through my "crafty drawers" (no comments please) and found some wooden beads.....


I continued to follow the pattern to finish the edge and the handles and this is what the end result is.....



I can't wait for Spring 2012, when I can make use of this unique little gem either to bring veg home from my allotment or freshly grown produce back from the local farmers market!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!