"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Day #10 Granny A Day + Giant Granny + Singer! (LOL don't worry it's not me about to sing)


I am going to start Day 10 with  a Giant Granny Square update


& here it is!

I am currently on row 38.

I try to add a row or two a night, although that's getting tougher time wise as the rows get bigger!


Now this is Granny Square 10


And here are all 10 Squares together as I am doing the "Join as you go method"
(see Free Tutorials if you want to learn this way of joining squares)

I am not too worried about blocking any of the squares as the blanket is going to be enormous once all 366 are joined together!


I went to the fabric shop on a whim today as I was passing by, so I stopped and picked up a remnant of cream fabric to line my large circular basket with.  I have been wanting to do this for some time as the wool occasionally snags on the wicker.


So out came my trusty Singer Sowing Machine - bought about 20 years ago from a Charity Shop for what I thought and still think was a bargain at £30 - and I got to work.

I roughly measured the diameter, cut out a circle of fabric after marking around the base with a marker & got hemming!

TAH DAHHHH


My basket is now lined & my wools are now nice and cosy and snag free!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the HUGE Granny. It looks great.

    I updated my blog with pictures. You can see them here at www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the large granny. All the color changes would be awful without your join as you go technique for granny squares. Love that by the way.
    I too have been busy on this project - Total is 12 so I'm 1 ahead of schedule. Now my squares are going to be wonky because I'm using scraps. I have one square that uses 5 different colors.
    Thanks for hosting this challenge - it keeps me on my toes.
    My latest squares - pre-assembled: http://momwithahook.blogspot.com/2012/01/finished-object-friday-162012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that huge blanket - should keep you warm whilst you crochet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!