"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 1 January 2012

HaPpY nEw YeAr 2012



I am going to start my first Blog Post of 2012 with these fantastic pictures.

They were sent to my by one of my pupils JC yesterday



We started off the flowers / floral centres and the base of the squares in class together before Christmas


JC took all three home and completed them


They look so brilliant - I am really proud of her, especially as she also sent me this picture, of the blanket in Rainbow Colours, which was the first pattern that she came to me with - she's soldiering on and trying to crochet a row a day - what an achievement so far!

I love the colours.



Now for the completed Draught Excluder

This was my boring rolled up fleece......

And this was the start of the cover I crocheted.  I was a little concerned as it seemed to be getting bigger in some places and smaller in others - although I was using DK and a 4mm hook throughout, it must be the wool/yarn manufacturers - they must differ very slightly on thickness.  I was using lots of odds and ends and I don't think that any of the wools were made in the same factory.

It's like going to M&S and trying on a size 10 then going to NEXT and fitting into a size 8!!

Anyway back to crochet.....

I am really pleased with the end result


It's really colourful and has "made over" that boring old rolled up fleece blanket no end


I just love the colours


DON'T FORGET 
GRANNY - A - DAY 
STARTS TODAY

You can join in at any time - just let me know that you are participating and I will add you to the list

I will do my first Granny of 2012 later today and blog it.



2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Happy New year2012

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!