"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Granny A Day 150 & Tunisian Crochet


Granny A Day 150 is this rather lovely colour combination of 
A Deep Pink Centre
A Bright Yellow 2nd row
A Dull but still attractive Grey 
Rounded off with a vibrant Orange!
These are all odd colours from my Yarn Scraps basket


Due to my move and therefore clear out of stuff from my Crochet Room I have the space to lay my 
Granny A Day Blanket
of 150 Granny Squares to date
on the floor to photograph it

I love it!


After yesterday's rather brilliant Filofax Cover, which is now in pride of place on my Filofax, which I use a lot, I have gone back to adding a few more rows on my Tunisian Crochet Scarf


As you can see, it's getting thinner the more rows I add.  I must be missing a few stitches here and there as I go, but it's good practice!

I will probably DC in traditional crochet, all around the edge, once its finished to give it a nicer look & I can't wait to wear it.

It's another good way to use up odd balls of wool and yarn.



2 comments:

  1. I would love to make one like this. I have some granny squares already but I still haven't figured out what to make out of them. I also wonder if I could make a Tunisian dress. First I need a Tunisian hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eve, thanks for your comment. Granny Squares are so versatile that I am sure you will find a great idea to turn your Granny Squares into. LOL Yes, you will need a Tunisian or Afghan hook if you want to make a dress from Tunisian Crochet! Ali

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!