"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2012

GAD 241, Crochet Class & a new WIP


My new WIP

Lots of little flowers which will eventually be joined (as you go)

in 3 rows (deep)

each row getting longer and longer & then twisted Mobius style at the end

The only problem is that when I read the pattern I read "sock yarn" so out came my sitting there, unused ball, well, not unused but more of a "I have used most of it making a pair of socks ball of yarn" and now there's some left over and enough (I think) for this next WIP.

But I must go on to say that I didn't read the bit that says "each flower should measure 7cm"

When I got my ruler out mine measured 4.5cm, so I don't know what kind of sock wool / yarn the designer was using!!

I will just have to make more flowers to get the "finished" measurement and probably buy another ball of wool to finish it off!!
 So much for trying to use up unused balls!


Next is this hexagon that I made with one of my pupils in class today.

We are following a pattern that is for a floor rug which suggests using double strand super chunky

But for practice purposes to follow the pattern, we are using normal single strand DK


GAD started by unraveling this


Which eventually turned into this!


Errata is that I stated last night I said that my blanket was 12 by 16 squares when in fact its 15 by 16 squares &  my husband has worked out that at the end of the year I will have 5 squares too many!

What is a girl to do?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!