"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 30 December 2012

Free Tutorial for GAD 364 & 365

I have been asked to do a free tutorial by a few of you on my Crochet Case that I made the other day, so GAD 364 &365 is going to be exactly that!


The nice thing about this is that you can make it to your specifications with the left over yarns / wools that you have.

I made this Crochet Case using UK Half Trebles - so US Half Double Crochet & DK with a 4mm hook

For the foundation chain I used the Foundation Double Crochet - if you don't know how to replace a basic foundation chain with a FDC then please go to Crochet Spot  for a great photo tutorial.  Once you have learnt this way of making a foundation chain, you'll never look back!

I wanted a wide case, so I chained 47 + 2 = 49

So, with your foundation chain of 49, htr into the 3rd chain from the hook and htr to the end.

At this point you turn your work, chain 1 (if you chain 2 you'll get a gap) and htr to the end.

You can change colour here OR keep the same colour going - it's your choice.

I Crocheted 28 rows in total


Then I made the border using DC (US SC) all the way around - adding a chain space in each corner


I then folded it to the shape that I wanted - so in my case a deep pouch with a small flap
& I chose some material to line it with.

I simply cut the material to shape with pinking shears and machine stitched around the edge.


The next thing is to get that shape back - so pouch and a flap.

As you can see from the picture below, I double crocheted the pouch area edging in green up either side


I then changed to yellow to DC the border of the flap - adding a loop for the button


I sewed a button into place and

Ta - Dah


I now have a huge great crochet case that is deep enough for all my Crochet bits and bobs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!