"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 26 April 2014

Such Talent! Crochet in Dorset Week 16


I can't tell you how lucky I am as a Crochet Teacher

to come across such talent in one County - Dorset!

Just look at the finish on this baby cardigan - toggle buttons & a fab colour mix!


Another pupil saw a pot cover I made last week (you can just see it top left of the photo) & she went away & made this...



After a lesson in Flower making last week - AR brought her own in this week, complete with a cover pot too


I love them!

And PG worked really hard at pattern reading & made these lovely flowers
I love the pansy





We talked "drape" over the last couple of lessons & V brought in her finished scarf & the start of a shawl


The next few photo's are taken in my Crochet Classroom at home....


Another lesson in following patterns



Which seems to be the "hook" in the side of many crochet -ers

It's a matter of reading what's there in front of you and reading it again and possibly again before it goes "bing"

And it worked as here we have 2 covered stones, ready for al fresco dining this Summer



I did a similar project at my Shaftesbury lessons, but this time with Jam Pot Covers


They were not allowed to compare notes or cheat!! It was very "exam like" for some moments as they all concentrated on the task in hand and the room went quiet!

And as you can see, progress was made and end result



And here are the Sparrow UK "hookers" with their subscription forms ready to be completed and sent to Inside Crochet Magazine.

In the latest issue, which is in the shops (Issue 53) not only has one of my patterns....



but also my "interview" which DMC creative world said....
@CrochetAli It was lovely reading your "final thought" @InsideCrochet Thank you also for using our #DMCpetra for the #crochet food cover!


images are courtesy & copyright of Tailor Made Publishing


Do you think someone is "hooked" on Granny Squares with her collection of books?


Possibly!


 These Crochet Queen charms are selling well (see my "Crochet Shop" tab above)


Bavarian Crochet - I have a workshop on Saturday the 31st May from 10.30 am to 4.30pm

Cost £45 for the day - do get in touch if you are interested in learning this fantastic Crochet Technique


Pop over to 


For the latest news on Triangle a Day Blanket


And finally, one of the Shaftesbury ladies gave me this lovely Aquilegia.

I shall plant it in my courtyard garden & remember her & her wonderful crochet work every time I see it!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how nice is that pot cover, well done to your pupil:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!